Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Waste and recycling sites

Hillingdon's two local civic amenity sites are for the disposal of household rubbish and recycling.

Harefield civic amenity site 

New Years Green Lane, Harefield, Middlesex UB9 6LX

Monday to Sunday

8am to 4pm

8am to 6pm (during British summer time)

ClosedChristmas day, Boxing day, New Year's day

West Drayton civic amenity site 

Railway Sidings, Tavistock Road, West Drayton, Middlesex UB7 7QT

Open on selected weekends (Saturdays/Sundays)  
24 and 25 November 20189am to 4pm
15 and 16 December 20189am to 4pm
5 and 6 January 20199am to 4pm
26 and 27 January 20199am to 4pm

It's quick and convenient, with assisted unloading available on site. There will be strictly no admission to vans or commercial vehicles. No trade waste is accepted at this site.

Resident access

HillingdonFirst Any resident wishing to use the site for household or domestic waste and recycling without a HillingdonFirst card or acceptable proof of residence in Hillingdon will be required to pay £10. 

Acceptable proof of Hillingdon residence:

  • a current driver's licence showing an address
  • a council tax bill
  • a utility bill (excluding mobile phone bills)
  • bank statement (dated within the last three months)

If you are a resident disposing of rubbish in a van, or car with a trailer, please report to weighbridge office with two forms of ID confirming your address, eg council tax bill, driving licence.

Access is strictly restricted to Hillingdon residents with their HillingdonFirst card OR an acceptable proof of residence in the borough. 

Residents without a HillingdonFirst card wishing to use the site for household or domestic waste and recycling should go to the weighbridge office.

Building/DIY waste

People bringing larger quantities of building/DIY waste will be asked to pay the full trade waste rate for disposing of these materials. The current full trade waste rate is £160 per tonne, with the minimum charge of £16 for up to 100kg. Larger quantities can be defined as anything over two/three small bags of building waste.

If building waste/construction waste is mixed in with other waste, the entire load will be charged for.

Trade waste - only accepted at the Harefield site

The Harefield site accepts vans and cars and also permits the disposal of trade waste materials. If you wish to deposit your trade waste here you will be given a receipt which will show the type of waste, quantity and cost of disposal. You must keep for a minimum of two years.

  • Please report to weighbridge office if disposing of trade rubbish in a van, commercial vehicle or trailer.
  • Trade waste is only accepted on site is Monday to Sunday 8am to 5pm (BST) and 8am to 3.30pm winter hours.
  • The site can only accept credit/debit cards as payment for trade waste. Cash and cheques are no longer accepted.

What can be recycled at these sites?

All domestic waste will be accepted, except asbestos, and the following items can be recycled:

ItemHarefieldWest Drayton
Audio and video tapesYesNo
Books, CDs and DVDsYesNo
Cardboard and paperYesYes
Car batteriesYesYes
Car engine oilYesYes
Fluorescent tubes and low energy light bulbsYesYes
Furniture (wood)YesYes
Glass bottles and jarsYesYes
Green garden wasteYesYes
Garden chemicals (with hazard symbols)YesNo
Hard plasticsYesYes
Household batteriesYesYes
Household paintsYesNo
Large electrical appliances eg washing machines, fridgesYesYes
Metal food and drinks cansYesYes
Rubble and stoneYesYes
Scrap metalYesYes
Small electrical appliances eg toaster and ironsYesYes
Televisions and computer display screensYesYes
Tetra-pak drink cartons
(now collected by kerbside recycling)
Textiles (clothes and shoes)YesYes
Vegetable oilYesNo

Unable to get to these sites?

Household special collections is a service giving residents the opportunity to dispose of unused or unwanted bulky household items including fridges and freezers.  

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 31 Oct 2018 at 10:22