Your online council tax account

Our online facility allows you to view your account details, including any reductions or benefit entitlements, print off your bill, and change your contact and bank details.

Council Tax refund

If your council tax account is in credit you may be able to request a refund.

If your account is in credit and you are moving within the borough, we will transfer the balance to your new account. If you have moved out of the borough you can request a refund.

If your account is in credit due to an exemption or discount being applied or council tax support being awarded the credit will be used to reduce the balance on your account rather than issue a refund. You will then receive a bill with revised instalments.

Reasons for credit:

  • Received a credit due to an exemption, discount, relief or council tax support
  • You leave the property
  • A banding alteration
  • Paid too much council tax.

Apply for a Council Tax refund

Page last updated: 06 Nov 2023