Insurance claims

If you are a solicitor enquiring about the council's insurance details and have a Portal ID for Employers Liability and Public Liability claims, the council's appointed insurance claims handler is Gallagher Bassett.

Legally represented claims on Claim Notification Forms (CNFs) should be submitted via the portal. The Gallagher Bassett Portal ID is: D00019

Pavement trip/pot hole damage

If you wish to make a claim against the council for injuries caused by a pavement trip, or pothole damage to your vehicle on the public highway, the claim should be made in writing giving the following information:

  • date
  • nature and cause of the accident
  • location such as the address of the property outside which the accident occurred (please include photographs of the accident location).

Your claim letter should be posted to Hillingdon Council, Contact Centre (Highways), Civic Centre, Uxbridge UB8 1UW or emailed to

Where a pavement trip or vehicle damage involves a contractor or public utility such as gas, electricity, water, please contact them directly as they are responsible for their own insurance arrangements.

Accident with council vehicle

If you are involved in an accident with a council vehicle, please email

Damage to your council property

To make a claim on the Tenants Contents Insurance Scheme, or to enquire about joining the scheme, call our housing charges team on 01895 277252.

Page last updated: 21 Dec 2023