What is the SEND local offer?
The local offer provides information for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and their parents/carers. It allows families to see what they can expect from a range of local agencies and how to access them.
The offer has been developed with children and young people, parents/carers and local services to provide information on a range of facilities, services, activities and opportunities, including early years, education, health, money matters and preparing for childhood.
The local offer also includes:
- arrangements for reviewing children's progress, including progress checks and health and development reviews for 2 to 3-year-olds
- details of how parents and young people can request an assessment for an Education, Health and Care Plan
- sources of SEND information, advice and support in the borough, including the Hillingdon Parent and Carer Forum, independent supporters and support groups, and information provided under Section 32 of the Children and Families Act 2014
- arrangements for resolving disagreements and for mediation
- information on where to find information on types of care and support, local provision and how to access it, accessing financial advice in relation to it and how to raise concerns from the adult care and support system
- information about the option of having a Personal Budget
- details of services provided outside of the borough for the children and young people for whom it is responsible - regardless of whether or not they have an Education, Health and Care Plan
Access our SEND local offer
SEND Local Offers of neighbouring local authorities