Money matters

In this section:

Benefits, funding and grants

If you have children with special education needs and disabilities, there is different financial support available.

School meals

  • Free school meals - if you have children up to the age of 19 years in full-time education at a Hillingdon school, you may claim for free school meals if you receive a qualifying benefit
  • Benefits calculator - available for you to work out what you may be entitled to
  • GOV.UK website - provides useful information regarding all aspects of financial help if you have children
  • HMRC website - gives full details on claiming tax credits including child tax credit and working tax credit
  • Our directory - lists a range of specialist agencies that can give help and advice on claiming benefits and dealing with appeals
  • Disability Grants website - provides information about benefits you may be entitled to
  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for children - help with the extra costs of looking after a child who is under 16 and has difficulties walking or needs much more looking after than a child of the same age who does not have a disability
  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP) -  help with some of the extra costs for 16-year-olds and over with a long-term ill-health or disability

DASH Transitions Project

If you're 16 to 25-years-old with a disability, DASH offers help and support to fill in forms and attend appointments relating to benefits.

Read more about DASH's programmes

Page last updated: 03 Oct 2022