West Drayton walk
Follow this 3.7-mile route at your own leisure, through many beautiful open and green spaces, including The Closes, Harmondsworth Moor and Saxon Lake.
Please note: The walk is medium paced and includes uneven paths and stiles.
- Start outside West Drayton Library.
- From the library, turn right and walk along Station Road.
- Turn right into Church Road, cross the road, and into The Closes park.
- Follow the path across The Closes, into Laurel Lane, going past St Martin's School and Wise Lane.
- Turn into Little Benty, then cross the M4 by the footbridge.
- Follow the path to St Mary's Church Harmondsworth (can be muddy).
- Walk through Harmondsworth Village.
- Continue past the Barnes Wallis memorial, then into Saxon Way.
- Cross the river by the footbridge, then turn right into Harmondsworth Moor.
- Cross the moor, re-cross the river, then walk along the wooden boardwalk.
- Go back under the M4.
- Cross the field by the path and then come out on Wise Lane (by the stables).
- Turn left and follow Wise Lane.
- Turn right into Mill Road and walk up to The Green.
- Cross The Green, turn right into Church Road and follow the road back to West Drayton Library, where you began the walk.
Page last updated: 09 May 2023