Hillingdon Museum and Archives Services
Information about our collections, services, research facilities and how to donate an item to our collections.
In this section
We have a vast collection of historical items, including:
- more than 3,000 museum objects, ranging from prehistoric teeth to pub signs
- books, pamphlets, journals and articles
- more than 2,000 maps
- photographs, prints and paintings of places, people
- films dating back to 1922
- newspapers on microfilm and hardcopy
- interviews and local music
Our local studies room is available for visitors to come and learn more about the local area and their family history.
Located on level 6 of Uxbridge Library, our local studies room is open:
- every Wednesday, 2pm to 5pm
- the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month, 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm
Appointments are 90 minutes and need to be booked 3 working days in advance.
To book a visit, email email@example.com or call 01895 250702.
If you're unable to visit us in person, we offer a modest research service.
Brief enquiries (under 15 minutes) are free.
Longer enquiries are charged depending on the resource being searched.
Please note: If no information is found, the charge will still be made to cover the time spent on research.
We offer free history sessions for KS2 pupils. Sessions link to the national curriculum and use items from our archive and museum collections.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome donated items that:
- have been made/used in Hillingdon or have associations with the area
- relate to the local area's history, manufacturers, working life or domestic life
- have good links with individuals or events
We cannot accept:
- hazardous items
- items on loan
- items with conditions attached