Hillingdon Museum and Archives Services
Information about our collections, services, research facilities and how to donate an item to our collections.
In this section
We have a vast collection of historical items, including:
- more than 3,000 museum objects, ranging from prehistoric teeth to pub signs
- books, pamphlets, journals and articles
- more than 2,000 maps
- photographs, prints and paintings of places, people
- films dating back to 1922
- newspapers on microfilm and hardcopy
- interviews and local music
Our local studies room is available for visitors to come and learn more about the local area and their family history.
Located on level 6 of Uxbridge Library, our local studies room is open:
- every Wednesday, 2pm to 5pm
- the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month, 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm
Appointments are 90 minutes and need to be booked 3 working days in advance.
We offer free history sessions for KS2 pupils. Sessions link to the national curriculum and use items from our archive and museum collections.
Please note: Our sessions are currently on hold. We will be relaunching this service with some new general sessions in September.
We welcome donated items that:
- have been made/used in Hillingdon or have associations with the area
- relate to the local area's history, manufacturers, working life or domestic life
- have good links with individuals or events.
We cannot accept:
- hazardous items
- items on loan
- items with conditions attached.