Hillingdon Partners is the borough's Local Strategic Partnership (LSP), which aims to bring together the local public, private, voluntary and community sectors to improve the quality of life for all who live, work, do business in or visit Hillingdon.
Members of Hillingdon Partners
Hillingdon Partners includes the following organisations from across the borough:
- Hillingdon Council
- Jobcentre Plus
- Metropolitan Police
- London Fire Brigade
- RAF Northolt
- Heathrow Airport
- Brunel University
- Uxbridge College
- Age UK Hillingdon
- Hillingdon Chamber of Commerce
- Uxbridge Business Improvement District
Hillingdon Partners focusses on the following priority areas.
- Working together to maintain and improve the quality of Hillingdon as a place.
- Helping people to lead healthier and more independent lives.
- Investing in early intervention and prevention.
- Increasing access to employment, apprenticeships and skills.
- Investing in Hillingdon's town centres.
- Reducing anti-social behaviour.
- Promoting and increase residents' involvement in sports, leisure, cultural and learning activities.
- Building a strong and resilient community.
- Providing secondary school places for Hillingdon children.
Hillingdon Partners signed an updated Equalities Statement on 6 November 2018.
"The Local Strategic Partnership "Hillingdon Partners", which brings together all the major public service organisations in the borough, as well as representatives from local businesses, community and voluntary groups, is committed to equality of opportunity and delivering services based on residents' needs.
The statement reflects the partnership's commitment to pursuing equality, diversity and inclusion in both employment and service delivery.
The agreement of the Equalities Statement unites Hillingdon Partners in an equality agenda.
The primary aim of Hillingdon Partners is to improve and enrich the quality of life of those living and working within this diverse borough by creating a sustainable community; a place of choice for people to want to live, work, study and visit, now and in the future.
In order to achieve our aim, all members of Hillingdon Partners commit to ensuring they challenge and eliminate discrimination, promote equality of opportunity and foster good relations.
Hillingdon Partners will ensure that all residents are provided with equal access to its services and that its employees are provided with equality of opportunity regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
In practical terms, Hillingdon Partners will work towards:
- developing a community where everyone feels valued and there is equal access to services and employment across the statutory, private and community/voluntary sectors
- ensuring residents are treated with dignity and respect whilst using services across the statutory, private and community/voluntary sectors
- facilitating an environment that is free from harassment, intimidation, bullying, victimisation or unlawful discrimination and anti-social behaviour, and promoting good relations between people of all groups
- developing effective consultation, engagement and communication methods with residents.
- fulfilling the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 and the Public Sector Equality Duty through delivery of partnership activities.
- Health and Wellbeing Board
The Health and Wellbeing Board is the partnership forum for local councillors, the NHS, public health and social care representatives and providers to work together to improve the health and wellbeing of the people of the borough.
- Safer Hillingdon Partnership
The Safer Hillingdon Partnership is a multi-agency group that aims to keep Hillingdon a safe borough, where residents are able to participate in the full range of community activity without fear of becoming a victim of crime.