Copies of historic certificates, documents and plans

A building completion certificate is proof that any work done has been inspected by a competent building control surveyor and complies with building regulations. 

Hillingdon Council will issue a certificate at the end of a building project if we are the building control body inspecting your work. You may also receive your certificate from an approved member of a Competent Person Scheme or from a private approved inspector. 

Request copies of historic decisions, completion certificates and plans 

If you require a copy of your completion certificate or historic decisions, you must ask the building control body or approved person who inspected your work. If this was Hillingdon Council, you can submit a request online.  

To provide the certificate, we must complete a full back history search for decisions, plans, scans and electronic communications. We will need to open up historic files and site inspections.

The charge for finding the record is £40.

For copies of plans, you will need permission from the architect before we can release any drawing plans.

A quote for copies of plans will be provided upon receipt of the request.

Please note: In all cases, we only hold records for a maximum of 15 years. 

Request copies of historic decisions, completion certificates and/or plans 

Page last updated: 22 Feb 2023