NHS health checks for 40 to 74-year-olds
The NHS Health Check is a free check-up of your overall health.
Even though you might be feeling great, if you're over 40 years of age you may be at risk of heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, diabetes or dementia. A free NHS Health Check can help you reduce these risks and make sure that you stay healthy.
If you live in the borough, are aged 40 to 74 years and have not been diagnosed by a medical practitioner with any of the following conditions:
- coronary heart disease
- chronic kidney disease (stages 3-5)
- high blood pressure (hypertension)
- atrial fibrillation
- mini stroke (transient ischaemic attack)
- familial hypercholesterolemia
- heart failure
- peripheral arterial disease
- high cholesterol (with a statins prescription)
You may be eligible for a free NHS Health Check now and once every 5 years. NHS Health Checks are available at all Hillingdon GP surgeries.
Please contact your local surgery to arrange an appointment.