Housing advice and homelessness

Housing advice

Working in partnership with other organisations we can explore various housing available and provide you with quality advice to help you improve your housing situation.

Information for council tenants and landlords

For anyone seeking our assistance, we will work with you to address your housing issues together. We will look to identify actions which may prevent or relieve homelessness and meet your support needs.

Disrepair in your private rented property

If you are in need of repairs in your rental home, read our disrepair in your rental property pages.

Request for further assistance

The earlier we talk to you about your housing issue, the more options will be available to you. 

Before you make a request for assistance, complete the housing advice self assessment below to explore the appropriate housing options for you.

Once you have completed the self assessment, please proceed to make a request for assistance via our new housing assistance referral portal. You must have an email address to proceed with your registration.

The registration process will take approximately 45 to 60 minutes to complete. If you do not submit the form, we cannot take any action. A star (*) next to a question means the question must be answered before you can move forward.

Once your request for assistance has been submitted, you will be assigned a caseworker who will make contact with you within 10 days. We will then work together to resolve your housing issue. 

Using our customer portal, you will be able to review your Personal Housing Plan, upload supporting documents, manage the tasks that have been assigned to you and monitor the progress of your case.

Complete a housing advice self assessment

If you have any difficulties completing the form, call us on 01895 556666.

Please note: After 5pm on Monday 25 March, Housing Jigsaw will no longer be available to access, as we are moving over to a new online housing system.

After this date, please do not try to log in to Housing Jigsaw, upload any documents or update any information, as your caseworker will not be able to access this. In the meantime, if you need assistance or advice, please email your assigned case worker directly.

You will be emailed a new link to access your new online account once it has been updated.

If you have not been assigned a caseworker yet but have been contacted to provide documents, please email these to hpoutreach@hillingdon.gov.uk. 

Page last updated: 02 Apr 2024