We can offer naming ceremonies to families who wish to celebrate the birth of a new baby or to welcome adopted or step children to the family.
Staff will assist in designing a ceremony to suit the individual needs of the family. The format can include:
- a welcoming of the child into the family
- an announcement of the chosen names
- promises of commitment and support for the child from parents and supporting adults
- a selection of poems or readings
- signing of the commemorative certificate.
Please note: Naming ceremonies do not contain religious references. Parents wishing to have a religious ceremony should contact their local church or religious community.
Further details are available on request by contacting Hillingdon Register Office .