Polish War Memorial

This memorial garden (commonly called the Polish War Memorial) is dedicated to the Polish Air Force by Hillingdon Council.

Polish War Memorial

The memorial was erected in 1948 to commemorate the contribution of airmen from Poland who aided the allies in the Second World War. It records the names of the 1,241 Polish people who died in operational sorties during the course of the war.

Made partly of Portland stone and polished granite, it has bronze lettering and a bronze eagle - the symbol of the Polish Air Force.

The remembrance garden was created in the field adjacent to the memorial in 2015.

Address

West End Road

South Ruislip

HA5 6QX

Get Directions View on Google Maps
Opening hours
January 9am to 4pm
February 9am to 4pm
March 9am to 5pm
April 9am to 6pm
May 9am to 8pm
June 9am to 8pm
July 9am to 8pm
August 9am to 8pm
September 9am to 7pm
October 9am to 5pm
November 9am to 4pm
December 9am to 4pm