Starting primary school
If you have a child born between 1 September 2019 and 31 August 2020, you must apply for your child to start primary school in September 2024 by Monday 15 January 2024.
In this section
- Key dates
- Admission of children outside their chronological age group
- Before you apply
- Proof of address
- How to apply
- Supplementary information
- Applications for families arriving from abroad
- Parental responsibility and disputes
- The deadline for on-time applications is Monday 15 January 2024.
- National offer day is Tuesday 16 April 2024.
- Read the . This contains a lot of useful information on making your application, choosing your schools, frequently asked questions and all of the schools' individual criteria and contact details.
- Read our .
- If you would like to calculate the distance from your home to a school, you can use this Free Map Tools to calculate the distance from one postcode to another.
Please note: This should only be used as a guide.
When you apply for a school place, you must have parental responsibility for the child and submit evidence to show that you and your child live at the address you've stated on your application, even if you have been placed in temporary accommodation.
The closing date for on time applications was Monday 15 January 2024.
You can still submit a late application online until Monday 19 August 2024. However, your application will not be processed until after Tuesday 16 April 2024.
Hillingdon Council cannot be held responsible for any delays in the post or problems with internet providers; we would, therefore, recommend that you submit your application by Friday 12 January 2024 to ensure it is received on time.
Information on how to create and complete your application can be found on the Home | eAdmissions (opens new window)
If you are thinking about applying to a school that considers faith as a criterion, you must complete a supplementary information form (SIF) and return it to the school or address stated on the school's criteria.
The deadline for on-time supplementary information forms is Monday 15 January.
Any forms submitted after the deadline will not be processed until after national offer day (Tuesday 16 April).
The following schools consider faith as a criterion; please visit the school's website or contact them directly for further details.
- Bishop Winnington-Ingram CofE Primary School
- Botwell House Catholic Primary School
- Cowley St Laurence CE Primary School
- Dr Triplett's CofE Primary School
- Guru Nanak Sikh Academy
- Holy Trinity CofE Primary School
- Nanaksar Primary School
- Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School
- St Andrew's CofE Primary School
- St Bernadette Catholic Primary School
- St Catherine Catholic Primary School
- St Mary's Catholic Primary School
- St Matthew's C.E. Primary School
- St Swithun Wells' Catholic Primary School
In most cases, children arriving from overseas have the right to attend schools in England. It is the responsibility of parents to check whether their child has a right, under their visa entry conditions, to study at a school before submitting an application.
The following provide information on furthest distances offered for community, academies, foundation and free schools.
Our School Placement and Admissions team has seen a significant increase in the numbers of disputes between parents, relating to where their children should go to school. We understand that, when trying to come to a mutual agreement on child arrangements, parental disputes can be extremely upsetting for all involved (including the children).
has been published to help parents understand the council's protocol for dealing with situations where parents disagree. This is general guidance intended to help parents understand their rights and responsibilities in line with the law.
Can't find the information you're looking for?
If you're unable to find the information you are looking for, please complete our online schools query form.