What you can do for a safer Hillingdon

Fraud and corruption

If you suspect that someone is committing fraud against the council, or that a council employee is guilty of corruption, you can report this directly to us.

Fraud and corruption includes:

  • subletting or not living in your council house
  • claiming a single person discount on your council tax when there are other adults in your household
  • not declaring savings, income or financial assets in order to get social care payments, a grant or a Council Tax Reduction from the council
  • a council officer taking a bribe in exchange for an unfair advantage
  • staff carrying out private work during council work time

If you suspect any of these, or any other fraud or corruption, please report it using the contact details below.

Anything you tell our counter fraud team is treated in the strictest confidence.

Report fraud to the council

You can also report by:

  • calling 0800 389 8313 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
  • email fraud@hillingdon.gov.uk
  • send a letter marked 'Private and Confidential' to: Counter Fraud Manager, 2N, Civic Centre, High Street, Uxbridge, UB8 1UW
Page last updated: 26 Aug 2022