You said; we did
Your feedback and the steps we're taking to address them.
- Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP) information is difficult to find and not transparent.
We created a separate page with comprehensive information about EHCPs, including templates, guides and links.
- Information about disability-related benefits in the Money Matters section is incomplete.
We added a description and links for carer's allowance and Universal Credits.
- The 'Ordinarily Available Provision' (OAP) information is only in a section for professionals and it is difficult to find.
OAP and information about different funding that may be available for children with SEND in schools/childcare settings has been added to the 'Levels of Support' page under the Education and Learning tab.
- There is not enough information about local activities/groups in our directory.
We added or revised a large number of services on the directory, providing activities for all children and young people, including toddler groups, Scouts etc as well as sessions only for children and young people with SEND (swimming, horse riding, skiing, dance, arts and crafts etc).
- There is not enough information on the website about support for families waiting for a diagnosis of Autism.
We added an ASD pathway section, outlining support available for children aged 0-5 and 6-11 with behavioural needs that may or may not be associated with autism.
Page last updated: 28 Jul 2023