Regardless of how long you've smoked for, quitting can help both your physical and mental health immediately. It has been proven that you are 4 times more likely to stop smoking with the support from a stop smoking adviser - and it's never too late to quit
With the current pandemic, taking action to protect and improve your health is more important than ever.
A review by the World Health Organization found that smoking is associated with more severe illness and an increased risk of death in people who need hospital treatment for COVID-19.
Smokers who are self-isolating and, therefore unable to go outside to smoke, should seek alternatives, such as Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) or e-cigarettes, to protect other people in their household.
About our service
If you are a Hillingdon resident, fit into one of the following categories and are ready to quit, we can help.
- Children and young people under 18-years-old
- Pregnancy and after child birth (including partners)
- Those with mental health issues, including substance misuse
- People with disabilities and long-term conditions
- People in routine and manual occupations, such as construction workers, HGV drivers, waitresses, cleaners and porters
Our service offers:
- expert motivational and behavioural support, advice
- free access to an experienced NHS stop smoking adviser at a location and time to suit you
- contact details for various Hillingdon pharmacies that can help you to quit
- if appropriate, smoking cessation medications, such as Champix or nicotine replacement therapy (normally patches and gum) available at prescription cost (or free if you are exempt)
Please note: If you do not meet our criteria above but you live or work in Hillingdon, behavioural and motivational support may still be offered.
For professional and understanding advice, email us at email@example.com or call 01895 207777 or 0800 169 7541.
Alternatively, you can visit us at:
ARCH - Old Bank House
64 High Street
Further advice and support
- If you are pregnant and looking for help to stop smoking, read about smoking in pregnancy on the NHS website
- Visit stopsmokinglondon.com or call 0300 123 1044 to speak to a trained advisor (9am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 11am to 4pm on weekends).
- Access free Stoptober support and resources
- Create your free personal quit plan
- Visit www.nhs.uk/smokefree for ways to quit smoking and quitting tips
- Download a Smokefree app such as SF28 or Smoke Free by David Crane