The most common operating times of parking suspensions are 8am to 6.30pm, Monday to Friday; however, under certain circumstances, like road resurfacing, the suspension can be operational 24 hours a day.
Suspension warning signs will be erected on the nearest sign posts and will indicate the operating times and dates of the suspension.
When a bay can be suspended
The following types of parking spaces can be suspended:
- permit holders (residents/business parking bays)
- pay and display
- solo motorcycle
- disabled persons (only if absolutely necessary)
- taxi rank (only if absolutely necessary)
Only the following activities will be considered for a parking suspension:
- large deliveries
- domestic or office removals
- road works
- statutory works (gas, water, electricity, telecom)
- building works
- tree surgery
- mobile workshop, with equipment fitted to the floor of the vehicle (for example, welding equipment, generator, compressor)
- skip placement - contact the applications processing team (details below) to apply for a skip licence once your suspension has been approved
- crane operations, temporary structures, scaffolding and storing of plant and material - contact the applications processing team for permission before applying for the suspension
- special events - contact the applications processing team for permission before applying for the suspension
- filming - contact the Film Office on 01895 556640 before applying for the suspension
Please contact parking operations (details below) if you'd like to apply for a parking suspension but none of the above fit the description of your activity.
Suspension charges are set at £40 per space, per day (or part thereof).
Each space is 5 metres (or about 16 feet) long. A full payment must be made at the time the application is submitted, ensuring the minimum notice period has been met.
- Other requests: In addition to the suspension charge, the following types of suspension requests will also incur licensing charges: crane operations, temporary structures, scaffolding, storing of plant and material, filming, skip placement and special events.
- Cancellations and amendments: When a request to cancel or amend a parking bay suspension is received at or less than 7 days prior to a suspension coming into force, a cancellation/amendment fee of £40 will be charged.
We accept the following payment methods:
- credit and debit cards - Visa, Card, Maestro, Solo and Delta
- cheque/postal order (postal applications only) - please make payable to 'London Borough of Hillingdon'
Please note: We do not accept cash payments for suspension applications.
The following activities will not incur a charge:
- funerals (only the first 3 spaces are suspended free of charge, for primary vehicle and 2 accompanying vehicles)
Refunds will only be made in exceptional circumstances, which include:
- a suspension being cancelled by the applicant at or at least 8 days prior to the parking bay suspension coming into force
- the police cancel a suspension for security reasons
Refunds are made by cheque and can take up to 28 working days to be processed.
Parking operations team
Telephone: 01895 250633 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)