Support for council tenants who are struggling financially

If you are a Hillingdon Council tenant and struggling financially, our welfare reform and tenancy support team may be able to help.

Our welfare reform and tenancy support team can carry out a welfare benefit health check to ensure you are receiving all the benefits you are entitled to.

They can also help you :

  • make a Universal Credit claim
  • apply for council tax reduction
  • apply for a discretionary housing payment (if you're a tenant in rent arrears and/or at risk of eviction)
  • with budgeting (and understanding priority and non-priority debts)
  • apply for food bank vouchers.

Where appropriate, our team can also:

  • offer basic debt advice and direct you to specialist debt advice organisations
  • signpost you to employment and training providers.

To get in touch, please email

Page last updated: 08 Mar 2023