Project SEARCH - Transition to Work programme
Are you 17 to 24 years old with a learning disability or autism and looking for a full-time job? Our programme will help you build a range of transferable and marketable job skills and gain confidence in applying for a job.
- be based at the Civic Centre in Uxbridge
- have the opportunity to work in 3 different departments
- receive structured support from staff, mentors, instructors and coaches
- gain 800 hours of transferable skills, such as team-working and problem-solving
- study for an employability qualification
At the end of the programme, interns are encouraged to apply for roles within the council or supported to apply for jobs in the local community.
Interested in applying?
If you're aged 17 to 24, have a learning disability or autism, are eligible for an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) and committed to finding and keeping a full-time job, get in touch.
For more information, email Stuart Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
For an application form, email Orchard Hill College at email@example.com
This programme is delivered in partnership with DFN Project SEARCH, Orchard Hill College and Hillingdon Autistic Care and Support (HACS) - all experts in supporting people with learning disabilities and autism.