Volunteers wanted for age-related products
Help us to find the traders who are prepared to sell age-related products to young persons. Our volunteers will assist Trading Standards officers in making covert test purchases.
Trading Standards enforce the law in relation to age restricted products. The sales of the following products and their associated age-restrictions are some of the areas covered:
- alcohol - 18 years of age
- fireworks - 18 years of age
- cigarette lighter refills - 18 years of age
- tobacco products - 18 years of age
- e-cigarettes and vapes - 18 years of age
- knives and blades - 18 years of age
- solvents (glue, lighter fuel) - 18 years of age
- aerosol spray paints - 16 years of age
Volunteers must be aged between 14 and 16 and should not look older than the age restriction in question.
If you are interested in volunteering to take part and would like more details, ask your parents or guardians to email email@example.com, enclosing a picture of yourself plus a note of your age and height and they will contact you to arrange a meeting.