When a waiver can be issued
A waiver may be issued for a variety of reasons, including to authorise:
- loading/unloading of a vehicle where this action is usually banned or permitted for an insufficient time period
- a vehicle to park near a property when any alternative arrangement would be unsatisfactory, for example, weddings, funerals, removals, building maintenance or repair works
Please note: A parking waiver will only be authorised for areas where there's an un/loading ban in exceptional circumstances. These include:
- essential loading/unloading
- scaffolding vehicles erecting/removing scaffolding
- glazier's vehicles during window replacement/repair process.
Only the following activities will be considered for a parking waiver:
- large deliveries
- domestic or office removals
- glass/window installation where a glass rack is fitted to the vehicle's side
- filming - please contact the Film Office on 01895 556640 before applying for the waiver
- Please contact the applications processing team (details below) for permission before applying for the waiver for:
- crane operations
- tree surgery
- special events
- a mobile workshop with equipment fitted to the floor of the vehicle (for example, welding equipment, generators or compressors)
- carrying or towing a tar boiler
- removal and un/loading of asbestos and other hazardous or dangerous chemicals for use at the premises
- sand blasting or equivalent where cables or tubes run from the vehicle to the facade or inside of a building
- handling of roofing equipment
- handling of drainage equipment
Contact parking operations (details below) if you'd like to apply for a parking waiver but none of the above fit the description of your activity.
A parking waiver charge is set at £20 per day, per vehicle. Subject to approval, the charge is payable on collection of the waiver.
In addition to the parking waiver charge, the following types of waiver requests require additional licensing charges:
- crane operations, temporary structures, scaffolding and storing of plant and material
- special events.
We accept the following payment methods:
- Credit and debit cards - Visa, Master Card, Maestro, Solo and Delta
- Cheque/Postal order - postal applications only. Please make payable to London Borough of Hillingdon.
Please note: we do not accept cash payments for waiver applications.
The following activities will not incur a charge.
- Funerals (only the first 3 vehicles, for primary vehicle and 2 accompanying vehicles)
- Accredited removal vehicles moving domestic or office furniture as long as there are no un/loading restrictions and if a parking space is available. The area should not be blocked off by cones/barriers. The unloading and loading must be taking place continuously, or the vehicle may be issued with a parking ticket.
The waiver is non-transferable and no refunds will be given for periods of unused time.
Parking operations team
Telephone: 01895 250633 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)