West Drayton Station public realm works
A new enhanced urban realm will be delivered to the immediate surrounding of West Drayton Station buildings.
Why are we carrying out this work?
- Create a welcoming, high-quality, safe and accessible approach to West Drayton Station, throughout the day and evening whether you are walking, cycling, using public transport or coming by car.
- Develop an improved perception of the area, through the provision of new street furniture, lighting, landscaping and signage, which sets a quality benchmark for local civic aspirations and creates a unique identity for West Drayton centre.
- Build a sociable environment that can accommodate improved passenger capacity, allowing for easy pick-ups and drop-offs and creating high-quality waiting/meeting areas with views of the canal.
Improvements will include:
- new paving and street lighting;
- a new parking area with 10 parking spaces plus 2 dedicated disabled parking places
- the introduction of special 'Corten' steel podium seating areas with soft landscaping and planting of new street trees
- new street furniture, including benches, bins and double-decker cycle stands to secure up to 22 cycles.
These works will be delivered by the council, on behalf of Transport for London and Network Rail, with works scheduled to be completed by March 2024.
Network Rail repairs
Following completion of improvements, further work will be undertaken by Network Rail and their own contractors to deal with Station Approach, where they have found evidence of a partially-collapsed deep sewer.
Station Approach will remain closed to buses while this work is pending; please use nearby stops.
If you have any questions or complaints about the Network Rail repair works, please contact Network Rail.