Working for Hillingdon Council
Putting our residents first is at the heart of everything we do, and we are always on the look out for talented and skilled people to help us deliver our wide range of services across the borough of Hillingdon.
Hillingdon is London's second largest borough, home to Heathrow and is proud to hold the most Green Flags both nationally and internationally.
Our employees are located across Hillingdon, with the Civic Centre (our main council offices) in Uxbridge town centre.
Our borough has fantastic transport links with the A40, M25, Metropolitan, Piccadilly and Central lines all local to us, so you can travel to work with ease.
We offer lots of great benefits to our workforce.
Good work life balance
- 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- Flexible working hours
- Generous holiday entitlement - a minimum 25 days a year plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days after 5 years' service and for more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a 36 days plus bank holidays)
- Career breaks
Keeping fit and staying active
- Discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools across the borough
- Cycle purchase scheme
- Discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
- Local Government pension scheme
- Childcare schemes for working parents
- Access to a Credit Union
- Childcare tax saving scheme
- Access to a variety of offers and discounts from Vivup Benefits
- Immediate and ongoing medical advice from qualified nurses and occupational health professionals through our absence service
- Contribution towards eye tests and lenses
Career support and training
- Access to a wide range of training and courses
- Discount on a variety of adult education courses run by the council
- Payment of professional fees where these are required
- Apprenticeship programme for recent school/college leavers and people looking to re-train in a new career
Support and counselling services
- Free 24-hour confidential advice and counselling line, plus legal advice service for staff and their immediate families
- Free chaplaincy service for all faiths offered to council staff
- Mental health first aiders who are trained to identify, understand and help employees experiencing mental health issues
Travel to and from work
- Cycle purchase scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Free car parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- Bicycle parking, lockers and showers at the Civic Centre