Working in childcare
There are lots of different careers and roles in childcare. You could become a teaching assistant, an early years practitioner, a childminder, or you might like to volunteer.
Careers in childcare briefing session
Find out about the different pathways and jobs in childcare and the qualifications involved with our Careers in childcare briefing session.
During the session, you'll have the opportunity to ask questions and we can also support you in taking the next step in your career.
Becoming a childminder
If you're interested in becoming a childminder, before registering with Ofsted you must:
- attend the childminder briefing session and
- complete the training course and paediatric first aid course.
Childminder briefing session
At this online session, held at Brookfield Adult Learning Centre (Uxbridge), you will learn about the:
- process of registering as a childminder with Ofsted
- factors you need to consider when thinking about childminding - for example, resources, health and safety, diet and nutrition
- range of advice and support available from our early years quality team
You will also be given details about the 12-hour paediatric first aid course you need to complete.
Setting up home-based childcare training course
As part of this 18-week course, each week you will attend a 2.5 hour session to cover topics including:
- health and safety
- childminding as a business
- child protection/safeguarding
- managing behaviour
- working with parents
- establishing routines
- special needs
- equality, diversity and inclusive practice
- diet and nutrition
- play, learning and development.
To register your interest, email email@example.com.