Council tax bands
The amounts payable per property by band, for services provided by the London Borough of Hillingdon (LBH), and by the Greater London Assembly (GLA) including police and fire services.
Bands and amounts payable for 2015-16
2 or more
Up to ?40,000
(LBH - London Borough of Hillingdon; GLA - Greater London Authority)
You can find out the band a property is in by contacting the council tax department. Alternatively, you may obtain this information directly from the Valuation Office.
Council tax discounts and exemptions
- The full council tax bill assumes that there are two or more adults (i.e. people aged 18 or over) living in a property.
- If only one adult lives in the property, the council tax bill will be reduced by 25%.
- In some cases there can be more than one adult living in the property but all but one are disregarded for council tax purposes. Certain people (such as students) are not counted in deciding the number of adults living in a property. These are known as Discount Disregards
- Some properties, are exempt from the Council tax for a period of time. Exempt Properties
- If you have received a bill which shows a reduction, the council has made the assumption that you are entitled to it for the period covered by this bill. If this assumption is no longer correct, as your circumstances have changed, or you know that they will change during the period covered by this bill, please let us know.
- You are required to let the council know, in writing, within 21 days of realising that you are no longer entitled to a discount. A failure to do this without a reasonable excuse could lead to a ?70.00 penalty.
Relief for people with disabilities
- You may be able to get your Council Tax bill reduced if your home has certain features which are essential, or of a major importance, to the well being of a disabled person (whether an adult or child) who lives there.
- If you are eligible for relief your bill will be reduced to that of a property in the Valuation Band immediately below the actual band for your property.
- If you think you may qualify for a reduction or you require further information please contact the Council Tax office for details.
Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all mandatory fields (marked with *).
Your email address is invalid, please check and retry.
Sorry, your feedback could not be sent due to a problem with connecting to the server. Please try again later.
Thank you for your feedback.