We are pleased to announce that Harlington Library will be re-opening at 09:00 on Monday 27 October 2014 following the completion of the work carried out to deal with the flood damage.
Until then, you may use any other Hillingdon library. The nearest library is Botwell Green Library at: Botwell Green Sports and Leisure Centre, East Avenue, Hayes, Middlesex, UB3 2HW. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
A community library in the south of the borough.
- Free use of computers
for Internet, email, MS Office. We have 23 PCs, 4 Apple Macs, 2 Junior PCs
including Fully Accessible PCs - Supernova (screen reader and magnifier) software, large screen, easy-to-use keyboard, roller-ball mouse
- Online Library
Try our Online Library (includes Britannica, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford English Dictionary, Newspaper and Journal databases, Which?, Times Digital Archives and much more)
- A quick reference section
- Study areas
- Newspapers / magazines
- Collection of learning materials
- Disabled access and toilet
- We now also serve Starbucks coffee and a wide selection of teas
- Hearing aid batteries
Books, talking books, videos, promotions
- Graphic novels and Manga collection
- Playaways for adults - new digital audio books, preloaded pocket sized digital media players
- Fiction books arranged in collections of Adult Fiction, Crime & Thrillers, Science Fiction & Fantasy, Classical Fiction and Romances
- Non-fiction books arranged in subject categories
- Large print and talking books
- Multi-lingual fiction and non-fiction books
available in community languages (Arabic, Bengali, Farsi, Gujarati, Hindi, Polish, Punjabi, Somali, Tamil, Urdu,)
- Learning Collection
including English Support (for people where English is not their first language); Graded Readers; Skills for Life; Basic IT. The collection includes learning material, books on spelling, grammar etc.
- Local studies, archives and museum service (main collection based at Uxbridge Library)
- Storybooks and Information books suitable for ages 0-13
- Teenage collections - with its own study area
- Playaways for juniors - new digital audio books, preloaded pocket sized digital media players
- Stories on CD
- Children's DVDs
- Weekly storytimes
Access and assisted facilities
There is suitable access for wheelchairs
Automatic entrance doors.
Registered assistance dogs are welcome.
The library is on one level inside
There is an Induction Loop available.
There is an accessible toilet facility available.
Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.
Thank you for your feedback.