West Drayton Library
West Drayton Library is a community library in the south of the borough. NEW: Hearing aid batteries are now available from this library!
- Free use of computers
for Internet, email, MS Office, scanning and much more...
Assisted facilities available in all libraries
including Fully Accessible PCs - Supernova (screen reader and magnifier) software, easy-to-use keyboard, roller-ball mouse
Try our Online Reference Library (includes Britannica, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford English Dictionary, Newspaper and Journal databases, Times Digital Archives and much more)
- A quick reference section
- Photocopying facilities
- Study areas
- Newspapers / magazines
- Disabled parking
Books, talking books, DVDs and promotions:
- Fiction books
arranged in collections of Romance, Crime, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Westerns and General novels
- Non-fiction books
arranged in subject categories
- Large print and talking books
- Skills for life collections, including English Support (for people where English is not their first language); Graded Readers; Skills for Life; Basic IT. The collection includes language courses, learning material, picture dictionaries, books on spelling, grammar etc.
- Themed book promotions
- Local studies, archives and museum service collection (main collection based at Central Library, Uxbridge)
- Storybooks and information books suitable for ages 0-13
- Story cassettes
- Teenage collections
- Children's DVDs
West Drayton library has recently been completely refurbished to provide improved layout, lighting and disabled access, an improved reception area and study areas for quiet work. New books are on the new shelves and Apple Mac computers are available for free use. Improved reception areas and study areas for quiet work.
During the warmer months, visitors will be able to enjoy the new outside patio area.
Starbucks filter coffee is available for those that would like to enjoy a cuppa with their book and the opening hours have been extended to ensure it is open when residents want them to be.
Accessibility and assisted facilities in the library
|There is ramped access suitable for wheelchairs.||Automatic entrance doors.|
Registered assistance dogs are welcome.
|A small car park with one space marked for disabled.|
Level wheelchair access to the adult library. The children's library is located down 3 steps with handrail.
There is an Induction Loop available.