Putting our residents first
West Drayton Library
Station Road, West Drayton, Middlesex UB7 7JS
Location map »
|Opening times |
|Monday||9am to 6pm|
|Tuesday||9am to 7pm|
|Wednesday-Friday||9am to 6pm|
|Saturday||9am to 4pm|
|Closed on Bank Holidays|
West Drayton library events »
Book a PC
- Assisted facilities available including fully accessible PCs - Supernova (screen reader and magnifier) software, large screen, easy-to-use keyboard
- Free Wi-Fi for visitors aged 15 and over - ask staff for more details
- There are currently no facilities to plug in your own devices at this library.
- ESOL group every Monday 9.30am - 11am, booking is essential
- Free IT taster sessions available on request
- Free Online Reference Library - includes One Click Digital eBooks and eAudiobooks, Zinio digital magazines, a wide range of encyclopedias and reference resources to help you with your homework (Britannica, Credo Reference) or research (Oxford University Press, Ancestry) and many more.
- A quick reference section
- Photocopying facilities
- Study areas
- Newspapers / magazines
- Disabled parking
- Outside patio area
- Starbucks filter coffee
- Hearing aid batteries
Parking visitor vouchers
If you live at a property within a parking management scheme in West Drayton (WD1, WD2 & WD3), you can purchase visitor vouchers at West Drayton Library during library opening hours.
Alternatively please contact Parking Permits on 01895 250633.
Books, talking books, DVDs and promotions
- Fiction books arranged in collections of Romance, Crime, Science Fiction and Fantasy and General novels
- Non-fiction books arranged in subject categories
- Large print and talking books
- Skills for life collections, including English Support (for people where English is not their first language); Graded Readers; Skills for Life; Basic IT. The collection includes language courses, learning material, picture dictionaries, books on spelling, grammar etc.
- Themed book promotions
- Reading Well & Better with Books collections
- Reading groups
- Poetry group 1st Thursday of the month 10.30am to 11.30am
- Hillingdon Local Studies, Archives and Museum Service Collection (main collection based at Central Library, Uxbridge)
- Storybooks and information books suitable for ages 0-13
- Teenage collections
- Children's talking books - free to borrow
- Children's DVDs
- 2 child-friendly PCs
Accessibility and assisted facilities
There is ramped access suitable for wheelchairs.
Automatic entrance doors.
Level wheelchair access to the adult library.
The children's library is located down 3 steps with handrail.
Registered assistance dogs are welcome.
There is an Induction Loop available.
A small car park with one space marked for disabled.
Print this page
11 Jul 2016 at 09:34