Local studies, archives and museum service
This is the place to come for any information about the people, places and events in the borough of Hillingdon.
Our collections are accessible through our search room and exhibition space in Uxbridge Library, and include objects, archives, photographs, maps, films, newspapers and books.
Our search room is known as the Hamson Room in memory of Mr. H.T. Hamson,1868-1951, editor of the Middlesex Advertiser and Gazette and Chairman of the Uxbridge Library Committee. He was the inspiration behind the collection of local archives and museum objects since the library opened in 1923.
Two catalogues can be searched online :
Heritage Builds Bridges for our archive and museum objects. This was a Heritage Lottery funded project in partnership with Brunel University and the British and Foreign School Society and lasted three years between 2005-2008, to catalogue our collections and interpret them through a website, with educational resources using all three collections.
If you would like to know more about our policies and procedures, they are accessible here: