Apply for housing benefit and/or council tax reduction
If you are vulnerable and unable to complete an online form without assistance, please contact 0300 123 1384 to request a paper form to be sent to you.
Things to be aware of when using our online system:
- you can save your online form at any point and go back to it later (within 14 days)
- remember to take a note of your unique key before exiting (you will need this to return to your application)
- scanned evidence should be uploaded with the form before you submit it. As once the online form has been submitted you will not be able to upload any further documents
- you must provide us with a phone number and email address so we can contact you (if you do not provide an email address you will not receive a confirmation email)
- at the end of the online form you must click 'I agree' after reading the declaration
- once you have submitted your application, do not exit the page until you see your reference number and confirmation that it has been successfully submitted
- once the online form has been submitted you will not be able to upload any further documents. You will need to send any supporting documents separately using our supporting documents online form or by emailing them to email@example.com
Bear in mind that you may be asked for further evidence once your application has been checked by an officer.
Documents we need
See a list of documents we need to see when we process your application.
Please note: Access to the online application will be unavailable due to system maintenance every evening, between 11.15pm and 12.15am. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
If you receive an error message, you can save your application and submit the form later. Ensure you submit it within 14 days of starting the application.