Where you can park with a Blue Badge
The Blue Badge scheme gives a range of parking concessions for badge holders and operates throughout the UK. Parking concession can vary between different boroughs.
Blue Badge holders can park free of charge for an unlimited time in the following bays:
- disabled bays (except zone RL2, which is limited to 30 minutes only for disabled badge holders)
- pay and display bays
- free time-limited bays (known as stop and shop bays)
- resident bays (except zone RL2, which is limited to 30 minutes only for disabled badge holders).
Please note: Maximum stay restrictions do not apply for Blue Badge holders when parking in these bays, except for Resident Management Scheme RL2, which has a 30-minute time limit for Blue Badge holders in all resident and disabled bays.
Blue Badge holders can park free of charge for an unlimited period in any council-managed car park. Blue Badge holders can park in any bay except for those specifically reserved for other use, as indicated by signs and bay markings (eg permit holders only or Brown Badge bays - unless you have a valid Brown Badge, which you must display alongside the Blue Badge).
View our council car parks
Parking on yellow lines
Blue Badge holders can park on single or double yellow lines, where loading restrictions do not apply, for a maximum stay of 3 hours. A time clock is required to be displayed alongside the Blue Badge to indicate the time of arrival, and vehicles must not be parked in a manner that is causing an obstruction.
Where not to park
- Suspended bays
- Designated bays, eg, buses, coaches, taxis, motorcycle bays and business bays
- On the pavement, unless there is a sign or road markings at the location to state otherwise
- White zig-zag markings at pedestrian crossings
- Yellow zig-zag lines outside schools (unless outside of the controlled hours and other parking restrictions in conjunction with the school markings are complied with, such as a yellow line)
- Loading bays (unless the activity of loading/unloading is being carried out by a commercial vehicle)
- Where there are loading restrictions (indicated by kerb blips/no loading signs)
European Blue Badges
Blue Badges that have the European logo displayed can be used in the borough of Hillingdon. These badges have the same rights as UK issued badges as detailed above.