Your rights as a child or young person in care
As your corporate parents, we (Hillingdon Council) must make sure you are safe, well cared for, listened to and that all your needs are met. You have a right to be involved in all decisions about your care.
As a child or young person in care, you have a right to
- a social worker
- an independent reviewing officer
- understand why decisions are made about you and be involved in those decisions
- access to independent advocacy
- request access to your social care record.
Worried about the decisions being made about you?
- give you independent information about your entitlements
- support you in meetings with your social worker or personal advisor
- help you write letters or make a complaint.
Find out more about Coram Voice
If you need help or advice (but not an advocate), you can also email our children's rights and participation team at email@example.com.
Tell us what you think
We want to know what you think about the way we care for you, so we can improve the service we provide to all children and young people.
Tell us what you think by speaking with your:
- social worker
- social worker's manager
- independent reviewing officer.
You can also contact our children's rights and participation team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01895 250030.