We realise that sometimes things can go wrong. If they do, we want to hear from you so that we can put them right and learn from what has happened.
If you are dissatisfied with a service we have provided, in the first instance, please contact the relevant service to see if they can resolve your concerns.
If you'd still like to make a complaint
You will not be treated less favourably if you decide to complain, and your complaint will be dealt with in confidence.
To submit a complaint or compliment, please complete our online form.
- If you would like advice or guidance on submitting a complaint, please call 01895 277800 during our office hours (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).
- If you wish to complain about the conduct of a councillor of Hillingdon Council, you must submit your complaint in writing.
- Schools have their own complaints procedures, please contact the school directly if you have a school-related complaint.
Please be aware that there are separate arrangements for dealing with some complaints and the procedures we will follow are set out below:
Please note: If you have a complaint about a care home, nursing home or any other adult social care service, the first thing you should do is tell the home or service. This applies whether you pay for your care or if the local council funds it.
You have 12 months after an incident to submit your complaint. We are not obliged to investigate incidents which happened more than 12 months ago.
It will help us if you state clearly what your complaint is, which council officers or service you have dealt with and give details of any letters you have had from us.
Please tell us what you'd like us to do to put things right.
Please provide your contact details including a telephone number and email address, if you have one.
If you are taking legal action against the council you cannot make a complaint if it concerns the matter you are taking legal action over. You can make a complaint about an unrelated matter.
You can make a complaint on behalf of a friend or relative but you must have a signed letter from that person which authorises you to take the action.
Ask someone to help if you need advice with making your complaint to the council. It can be a friend or relative, or anyone else you choose.The following places may assist you in making your complaint:
- Your local councillor or MP: telephone 01895 250636
- Local Government Social Care Ombudsman: telephone 0300 061 0614, or write to:
- Housing Ombudsman Service: telephone 0300 111 3000, or write to:
- Citizens Advice Bureau: telephone 0800 144 8848
- Disablement Association Hillingdon (DASH): telephone 020 8848 8319 (Minicom 020 8848 8323)
- Equality Advisory and Support Service
The Local Government Social Care Ombudsman
PO Box 4771
Coventry CV4 0EH
Housing Ombudsman Service
PO Box 152