We realise that sometimes things can go wrong. If they do, we want to hear from you so that we can put them right and learn from what has happened.

By letting us know what you think, when we are doing a good job and when you think we could do better, you are helping to improves the services we provide for everyone.

Common tasks that are not complaints

Below are some common tasks that are not complaints and have separate statutory procedures that need to be followed.

Finding help

If you are in contact with the service, they will be doing their best to resolve your issue. But if the service is unable to resolve your issue, please submit a complaint.

If you'd still like to make a complaint

You will not be treated less favourably if you decide to complain, and your complaint will be dealt with in confidence.

To submit a complaint or compliment, please complete our online form.

Make a complaint

Please note:

Complaint procedures

Please be aware that there are separate arrangements for dealing with some complaints and the procedures we will follow are set out below:

You have 12 months after an incident to submit your complaint. We are not obliged to investigate incidents which happened more than 12 months ago.

It will help us if you state clearly what your complaint is, which council officers or service you have dealt with and give details of any letters you have had from us.

Please tell us what you'd like us to do to put things right.

Please provide your contact details including a telephone number and email address, if you have one.

If you are taking legal action against the council you cannot make a complaint if it concerns the matter you are taking legal action over. You can make a complaint about an unrelated matter.

You can make a complaint on behalf of a friend or relative but you must have a signed letter from that person which authorises you to take the action.

Ask someone to help if you need advice with making your complaint to the council. It can be a friend or relative, or anyone else you choose.The following places may assist you in making your complaint:

  • Your local councillor or MP: telephone 01895 250636

  • Local Government Social Care Ombudsman: telephone 0300 061 0614, or write to:
  • The Local Government Social Care Ombudsman
    PO Box 4771
    Coventry CV4 0EH

  • Housing Ombudsman Service: telephone 0300 111 3000, or write to:
  • Housing Ombudsman Service
    PO Box 152
    L33 7WQ

  • Citizens Advice Bureau: telephone 0800 144 8848

  • Disablement Association Hillingdon (DASH): telephone 020 8848 8319 (Minicom 020 8848 8323)
  • Equality Advisory and Support Service

Page last updated: 16 May 2024