If you provide gambling facilities, you may need three different types of licence - an operating licence, a personal licence and a premises licence.

What you need to know

The council is required (by the Gambling Act 2005) to prepare and publish a Gambling Policy every 3 years.

Read the policy (PDF) [525KB]

We issue premises licences for the following premises:

  • adult gaming centres
  • betting shops
  • bingo halls
  • casinos
  • family entertainment centres
  • racing tracks

We also issue permits in respect of gaming machines in pubs and clubs and small society lottery registrations. Pubs and members' clubs that hold a premises licence or club premises certificate under the Licensing Act 2003, may provide gaming machines for use by their customers/members.

Apply for a club game or club machine permit

What we need to see

We require completed application forms and the correct fee for a gambling premises licence.

You must also publish a  notice of application (PDF) [11KB] and send a copy of notice of application to each  responsible authority in this document (PDF) [13KB]


Classes premises licence

Maximum conversion application fee for non-fast track applicationMaximum conversion application fee in respect of provisional statement premisesMaximum conversion application fee in respect of other premisesMaximum annual feeMaximum fee for application to vary licenceMaximum fee for application to transfer a licenceMaximum fee for application for reinstatement of a licenceMaximum fee for application for provisional statement



Adult gaming centre


Family entertainment centre


Betting premises (track)


Betting premises (other)



Apply for a gambling premises licence (PDF) [15KB]

Page last updated: 11 Mar 2021