Hillingdon in Bloom
Why not enter our Hillingdon in Bloom competition and keep your neighbourhood looking bright and attractive?
Whether you're new to gardening or a seasoned gardener, there are lots of different categories to enter for all ages and abilities.
This year, we have introduced a new category - a 'Best Platinum Jubilee Display' to celebrate the Queen's 70 years on the Throne.
We also see the return of the 'Best Park and Bloom Display' category, which encourages residents to include plants and flowers in the front gardens, alongside their cars, tackling the rise in vanishing front gardens, which has a harmful impact on the local environment.
- Best Window Box Display (window boxes must be either on or attached to the house windowsill and not a free-standing container)
- Best Platinum Jubilee Display (a red, white and blue or a purple and white display in your garden, pots, hanging baskets or window boxes to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee)
- Best Hanging Basket
- Best Balcony Display (on an open-fronted balcony)
- Best Residential Garden Display
- The Roome Cup (awarded to the garden that is judged as making the greatest contribution to wildlife conservation)
- Best Park and Bloom Display (a front garden with plants, flowers, and room for a car)
- Best Novelty Garden Display (for an exhibit within a garden that incorporates temporary planting and/or garden ornaments and structures)
- Best Business Establishment Display
How to enter
- Ensure you have read the Hillingdon in Bloom terms and conditions before completing the application.
- Simply grow and nurture your beautiful blooms and once they are looking their best, take a picture and enter using our online form.
The deadline for all entries is Friday 29 July. Any entries received after the deadline will not be accepted.
If you have any questions about Hillingdon in Bloom 2022, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Winners will be notified week commencing Monday 3 October.
Winners will receive garden centre gift vouchers, a rosette and a certificate, which will be awarded by the end of the 1st week of November at the latest.
Please note: Winning entries may also be featured on the council's website, social media sites and Hillingdon People magazine.