Hillingdon in Bloom terms and conditions
Please read the show terms and conditions before completing the Hillingdon in Bloom 2023 application.
- The competition is open to Hillingdon residents only.
- The competition is free to enter.
- Applicants must be over 18.
- Applicants and photographs (one (1) per entry) may only be submitted between Thursday 13 April and Friday 28 July 2023. Important: applications should only be submitted once displays are ready as the photograph must be attached to the application.
- Applicants are permitted to enter one (1) photographic image per category as an attachment to the application form.
- The use of photo editing software to alter the images is not permitted.
- Images must not include watermarks, borders, or signatures.
- Images must be of the applicant's residence and must be date stamped between Thursday 13 April and Friday 28 July 2023.
- The council accepts no responsibility for entries that may be lost, damaged, or delayed whether due to transmission errors, website malfunction, computer error or otherwise. Please note: the receipt of an acknowledgement is not a guarantee that the application has actually been received. If you wish to confirm receipt of your application, then please email email@example.com separately and request confirmation.
- Judging of entries will be undertaken by the council's Green Spaces Team and the Cabinet Member for Residents' Services.
- The council reserves the right to refuse to accept any entries and, in the event of any such refusal, is not required to give reason or explanation.
- Residents may enter more than one category of the Hillingdon in Bloom competition.
- Prize winners will be awarded a rosette, a certificate and a combination of RAGC and RHS Garden Centre vouchers. Please note: vouchers are not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- A competitor, when awarded 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in any category, may not win vouchers exceeding a value of £300 in total. Please note: vouchers are not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- Winners will be contacted by email week commencing Monday 2 October 2023.
- A list of winner's names will be posted on the council's website. If you have been advised that you are a winner and do not wish to have your name shown, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 9 October 2023.
- Vouchers and certificates will be posted to winners by first class, registered mail by the end of the last week in November at the latest.
- The council has the authority to withhold prizes at their discretion.
- By entering the competition, applicants will be deemed to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Any breach of the terms and conditions by an applicant will void their entry.
- If a breach has occurred but is only discovered after the award of a prize, the council may require the prize to be returned.
- The council reserves the right to exclude or disqualify any applicant who has acted fraudulently in any way.
- Complaints or protests must be made in writing to email@example.com by 4pm on Monday 16 October 2023. Such protests shall be considered by the council, whose decision will be final.
Page last updated: 05 Apr 2023