Business licences and permits

Information and application forms for running a camp or caravan site, marriage ceremony premises, food premises or auction premises.

Camp site licences

If you allow your land to be used as a camp site by the public for more than 42 days consecutively or 60 days in a year, you will require a licence.

What you need to know

Conditions may be attached to a licence. There are exceptions for organisations that hold camping exemption certificates.

There are no restrictions on the eligibility of persons to apply for this registration.

Applications for licenses for sites located within Hillingdon must be made in writing to or Private Sector Housing team, Civic Centre, High Street, Uxbridge, UB8 1UW.

It should detail the land the application concerns and any other information required by the local authority.

There is no fee for a camp site licence.

What we need to see

Before you apply, you'll need to provide copies of the following:

  • Scale plan of the site
  • Planning permission

Apply for a camp site licence

Change a camp site licence

Transfer a camp site licence

After you have applied, we will aim to process your application within 10 business days. 

If your application is not processed within the timescales, tacit consent applies. Tacit consent means you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from us by the end of target completion period.

If we have not contacted you, please email us at or call 01895 556666.

Page last updated: 20 Jul 2023