Information for registered childcare providers

Childcare settings in Hillingdon can choose to offer childcare hours that are free to parents but which settings receive funding for from through government schemes.

In this section:
Types of funding and how to apply

Types of funding and how to apply

Childcare settings in Hillingdon can choose to offer childcare hours that are free to parents but which settings receive funding for through government schemes.

We process applications for the following government schemes:

Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE)

FEEE is a central government scheme funded through local authorities and includes:

  • free childcare for 2-year-olds - proof of eligibility must be obtained from the parent/carer in order to apply
  • free childcare for 3 and 4-year-olds - from the term after their 3rd birthday, all 3 and 4-year-olds qualify for 570 hours of free childcare per year
  • 30-hours free childcare - parents will need to have set up an account with HMRC and must provide you with an eligibility code, their National Insurance number and their child's date of birth; check these details on the provider portal to see if the child qualifies - some children of working parents may also qualify for an additional 570 hours of free childcare, making a total of up to 1,140 hours a year

For each term, we ask providers to apply for FEEE dependent on the child's date of birth.

The  parent agreement form (PDF) [402KB] needs to be signed by a parent/carer before they can start receiving free childcare hours at a setting.

Headcount and payments timetable (PDF) [368KB] shows the week of the headcount, when you need to submit information and when you will be paid.

Please note:

Tax-free childcare for parents with children aged 0 to 11

A government scheme that supports working families with the cost of childcare - if you wish to offer places under this scheme, register with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC)

Disability Access Fund

If you provide places for 3 and 4-year-olds who receive Disability Living Allowance and access the free early education entitlement, you can also receive the Disability Access Fund, which is £828 per eligible child per year.

When submitting a disability access fund claim for an individual child, ensure you provide proof of a child's eligibility to claim, eg evidence that the parent/carer is receiving Disability Living Allowance for that child.

Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP)

EYPP is additional government funding to enhance early education for 3 and 4-year-olds.

If you are a childminder, nursery or pre-school, you could receive around £300 a year to support a child's individual learning.

Please ask the relevant parent/carer to:

When submitting a EYPP claim for an individual child, ensure you provide the:

  • parent/carer's National Insurance or NASS number
  • child's date of birth
  • child's surname

Childcare sufficiency assessment

We have a statutory duty to produce (on an annual basis) an assessment of whether there is sufficient childcare in the borough.

The duty is to ensure that there is sufficient childcare, as far as is reasonably practicable, for working parents, or for parents who are studying or training for employment, for children aged 0 to 14-years-old (or 18-years-old for children with disabilities). 

Childcare sufficiency assessment (PDF) [338KB]

If you have any funding-related questions, email the Families' Information Service at

Page last updated: 09 May 2023