Concerned about a child's safety?

If you're concerned that a child or young person is being (or is at risk of being) abused or neglected, report it appropriately.

If you think a child is in immediate harm or needs medical attention

If you are concerned a child may be at risk

  • If you are a member of the public, call the Stronger Families Hub on 01895 556006.
  • If you are a professional and wish to request support for a family, please complete the relevant referral form. This is the Early Help Assessment, which also serves as the referral form for statutory support and protection services.  
  • If the matter is not urgent, email the Stronger Families Hub at for information and advice. 

If a child is being bullied at school

  • Talk with their school and ask for their support/help with the bullying.
  • Visit Childline's website, where you can find out about bullying, abuse, safety and the law.

If you're worried about someone who is working with children

  • Speak with the person's manager about your concerns. They will contact the local authority within 1 working day of being informed of the risk and take appropriate action. 

If someone has acted inappropriately online

Useful websites

Page last updated: 25 Feb 2024