Disability and health
Employment support for people with a disability or health issue.
West London Alliance - Work and Health Programme (WHP)
The WHP is free and provides one-to-one employment support for up to 15 months to people who:
- have health conditions or disabilities
- have been unemployed for more than 2 years
- would benefit from early help to find employment because they may be at disadvantage in the labour market.
Some groups can get early access including:
- a person affected by the Benefit Cap
- member of a family where a child is at risk of becoming Looked After
- homeless people or those at risk of homelessness
- working age adults with a mental health condition known to secondary services
- working age adults with disabilities known to Social Services.
For more information, email Freya Valentine (WHP Integration Officer) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IPS into Work
The IPS into Work programme is aimed at residents with drug and/or alcohol issues, supporting individuals to gain paid and sustainable employment.
The service is open to unemployed individuals who:
- are over the age of 18
- live within one of the West London boroughs (including Hillingdon)
- looking for paid employment and are eligible to work in the UK
- have (or are experiencing) substance misuse issues.
For more information, visit the WDP website.