Employment support for adults

Information and advice for out-of-work residents in Hillingdon.

Disability and health

Employment support for people with a disability or health issue.

West London Alliance - Work and Health Programme (WHP) 

The WHP is free and provides one-to-one employment support for up to 15 months to people who: 

  • have health conditions or disabilities 
  • have been unemployed for more than 2 years 
  • would benefit from early help to find employment because they may be at disadvantage in the labour market.

Some groups can get early access including: 

  • a person affected by the Benefit Cap 
  • member of a family where a child is at risk of becoming Looked After 
  • homeless people or those at risk of homelessness 
  • working age adults with a mental health condition known to secondary services 
  • working age adults with disabilities known to Social Services.

For more information, email Freya Valentine (WHP Integration Officer) at freya.valentine@shaw-trust.org.uk.

IPS into Work

The IPS into Work programme is aimed at residents with drug and/or alcohol issues, supporting individuals to gain paid and sustainable employment.

The service is open to unemployed individuals who:

  • are over the age of 18
  • live within one of the West London boroughs (including Hillingdon)
  • looking for paid employment and are eligible to work in the UK
  • have (or are experiencing) substance misuse issues.

For more information, visit the WDP website.

Page last updated: 17 Feb 2023