Gambling licences

If you provide gambling facilities, you may need 3 different types of licence - an operating licence, a personal licence and a premises licence.

Gambling policy

The council is required (by the Gambling Act 2005) to prepare and publish a gambling policy every 3 years.

The  current gambling policy (PDF) [517KB] was formally reviewed in January 2023.

Club game or club machine permits

We issue permits in respect of gaming machines in pubs and clubs and small society lottery registrations.

Pubs and members' clubs that hold a premises licence or club premises certificate under the Licensing Act 2003 may provide gaming machines for use by their customers/members.

Apply for a club game or club machine permit

Gambling premises licences

We also issue premises licences to:

  • adult gaming centres
  • betting shops
  • bingo halls
  • casinos
  • family entertainment centres
  • racing tracks.

If your business needs a gambling licence, you must:


The table below shows the maximum fees for different applications, including conversion applications, for different types of premises.

Classes premises licence

Non-fast track (conversion)Provisional statement premises
Other premises
Annual feeVary licenceTransfer a licenceReinstatement of a licenceProvisional statement



Adult gaming centre


Family entertainment centre


Betting premises (track)


Betting premises (other)



Apply for a gambling premises licence

To apply for a gambling premises licence, download and complete our Gambling premises licence (PDF) [15KB] and return to:

Hillingdon Council
Licensing Service
Civic Centre
High Street

Page last updated: 20 Jul 2023