Ruislip Lido, a 60-acre lake with sandy beaches and a narrow gauge railway around it, is set on the edge of Ruislip Woods.
Following the change in weather, the bloom of blue-green algae at Ruislip Lido has reduced and we have removed the fencing.
For your safety, please remember that entering the water is always prohibited. This is because:
- some blue-green algae remains and can be toxic to people and pets
- the shock of cold water can make swimming and getting out of the water difficult
- the depth of the water changes and is unpredictable
- underwater objects and hazards may not be visible
- swimmer's itch can be caused by an allergic reaction to certain microscopic parasites living in the water
- During busy periods, the number of visitors allowed at Ruislip Lido at any one time will be limited to 1,200; council marshals will be on site to assist.
- The beach at Ruislip Lido is open but swimming is not permitted.
- Toilets are available off Willow Lawn Car Park between 10am and 6pm.
Getting to Ruislip Lido
Plan your visit using the Transport for London journey planner.