Ruislip Lido is a 60-acre lake with sandy beaches and a narrow gauge railway around it, set on the edge of Ruislip Woods.
- Toilets (available between 10am and 6pm) off Willow Lawn Car Park
- Woodlands Centre
- Ruislip Lido Railway
The beach at Ruislip Lido is open, but swimming is not permitted. This is because:
- the shock of cold water can make swimming and getting out of the water difficult
- the depth of the water changes and is unpredictable
- underwater objects and hazards may not be visible
- swimmer's itch can be caused by an allergic reaction to certain microscopic parasites living in the water.
The council operates a Close Season at Ruislip Lido. Fishing is not permitted between Wednesday 15 March and Thursday 15 June (inclusive). Anyone caught fishing or carrying out any fishing related activity during this time will be liable to a fine of up to £100.
Events and filming
To enquire about holding an event on site or if you have a general enquiry about Ruislip Lido, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To enquire about undertaking filming, photoshoots or stills photography on site, email email@example.com.
Getting to Ruislip Lido
Plan your visit using the Transport for London journey planner.