Ruislip Lido, a 60-acre lake with sandy beaches and a narrow gauge railway around it, is set on the edge of Ruislip Woods.
- the beach at Ruislip Lido is open, but swimming is not permitted. This is because:
- the shock of cold water can make swimming and getting out of the water difficult
- the depth of the water changes and is unpredictable
- underwater objects and hazards may not be visible
- swimmer's itch can be caused by an allergic reaction to certain microscopic parasites living in the water.
- toilets are available off Willow Lawn Car Park between 10am and 6pm
The Woodlands Centre at Ruislip Lido offers lots of interesting woodland activities, including nature walks in the woods, family walks and craft sessions.
Getting to Ruislip Lido
Plan your visit using the Transport for London journey planner.