Ruislip Lido, a 60-acre lake with sandy beaches and a narrow gauge railway around it, is set on the edge of Ruislip woods.
- Woodland Centre
- The Waters edge restaurant/pub (This is not managed by LBH)
- Cafe/restaurant beach side (This is not managed by LBH)
- Fishing (when permitted)
- Play areas
- Mini gauge railway
- Public toilets (includes disabled facilities and baby changing units)
- Changing room facilities
- Car parking
Note: Currently swimming is not permitted in the lake or water splash area.
Ruislip tube station is on the Uxbridge branch of both the Metropolitan and Piccadilly lines. H13 and the 331 bus routes stop close by the lido and the woods. Two roads, Ducks Hill Road (A4180) and Breakspear Road North, cross Ruislip Woods NNR.
Open every day to discover the past and present of the Lido and Ruislip Woods. There also information on conservation and traditional woodland crafts such as coppicing to making charcoal from our own coppiced woods. In the woodland centre there is a room that can be booked for school education activities.
BBQs or fires and picnics
BBQs and fires are not allowed anywhere at the Lido or surrounding woods. Picnics can take place on Willow Lawn and Beach side and other areas around the Lido.
Feeding of the birds and ducks
We have a designated area for this activity (Willow Lawn) A new bird feeding station will be built over the coming months.
Fishing is permitted from 16 June to 14 March. An Environmental Agency rod license is required to fish the lake. Fishing rules apply.
- Beach side - We have a fantastic water splash pad that is very popular, which opens April to end of September.
- We have two playgrounds. One with general swings and slides and more. The other which is more adventurous that tests your balance and strength.
- We also have the sand area where children can build sand castles.
Fireworks at the Lido
On Sunday 8 December, resident joined in FREE to celebrate the completion of works to enhance Ruislip Lido.
The Ruislip Lido enhancement programme has, so far, seen the:
- Construction of a new Woodlands Centre and café
- Refurbishment of the railway's Woody Bay and Willow Lane Stations
- Development of new changing rooms and public toilets
- Installation of new rain shelters