Ruislip Lido, a 60-acre lake with sandy beaches and a narrow gauge railway around it, is set on the edge of Ruislip Woods.
- the beach at Ruislip Lido is open, but swimming is not permitted. This is because:
- the shock of cold water can make swimming and getting out of the water difficult
- the depth of the water changes and is unpredictable
- underwater objects and hazards may not be visible
- swimmer's itch can be caused by an allergic reaction to certain microscopic parasites living in the water.
- toilets are available off Willow Lawn Car Park between 10am and 6pm
Getting to Ruislip Lido
Plan your visit using the Transport for London journey planner.