Social housing

Housing register assessment

An assessment is carried out when someone applies for council-owned or housing association accommodation within Hillingdon.

Your application can only be assessed once all supporting documentation has been supplied, including proof of your address for the last 10 years. Please ensure this is sent in as quickly as possible to prevent delays with the assessment.

After your assessment, you will receive:

  • a reference number (known as a HIL or LIN number) and 
  • a band indicating your level of housing need
  • a priority date (normally the date your application was first registered with us).

Your reference number will enable you to express an interest in available council and housing accommodation within the borough, by placing bids through the Locata system (opens new window).

You have the right to appeal your banding decision..

Page last updated: 17 Mar 2023