What you need to know
Typically, a caravan/camping site licence contains a set of conditions that cover the following:
- restricting when caravans can be on the site for human habitation or restricting the number of caravans that can be on the site at any one time
- controlling the types of caravans on the site
- controlling the positioning of the caravans or regulating the use of other structures and vehicles including tents
- ensuring steps are taken to enhance the land, including planting/replanting bushes and trees
- fire safety and fire fighting controls
- ensuring that sanitary and other facilities, services and equipment are supplied and maintained
Read the licence conditions for a camping site (PDF)
The applicant must be entitled to use the land as a caravan/camping site. Licences will not be issued to applicants who have had a site licence revoked within 3 years of the current application.
Your application should detail the land about which the application is concerned and any other information required by the local authority.
There is no fee for a caravan/camping site licence.
Apply for a camping site licence
Change a camping site licence
Transfer a camping site licence
After you have applied, we will aim to process your application within 10 business days.
If your application is not processed within the timescales, tacit consent applies. Tacit consent means you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from us by the end of target completion period.
If we have not contacted you, please email us at email@example.com or call 01895 556666.