Alcohol and entertainment

You need a licence to sell alcohol and provide some forms of entertainment within Hillingdon.

Personal licence

All sales of alcohol must be made or authorised by a person who holds a personal licence.

Applications for personal licences have to be made to the licensing authority in whose area the applicant lives, not from the area in which they work. For example, if you live in Harrow but work in Uxbridge, you must apply for a personal licence from Harrow Council.

Personal licence holders may also be nominated as a 'designated premises supervisor on a premises'. This means that they are responsible for all alcohol sales upon that premises.

Personal licence applicants are required to obtain an accredited licensing qualification in addition to a DBS check, which must not be older than 28 days.

Please note: Personal Licences do not expire, so there is no requirement to reapply or renew.


Full application £37
Change of address or surname amendment £10.50
Lost or stolen badge£10.50

Please note: Fees can be paid over the phone (if sending an application by email) or via cheque (if sending an application by post).

Apply for a personal licence

To apply for a personal licence, you will need to provide:

  • a completed Personal licence application form (PDF) [44KB]
  • the correct fee
  • 2 passport-sized photographs (one must be endorsed as a true likeness of yourself by a solicitor or notary, a person of standing in the community or any individual with a professional qualification).

Please note: Only original documents will be accepted when the application is submitted.

You can apply by email or by post Licensing team, Hillingdon Council, 3S/09 Civic Centre, High Street, Uxbridge, UB8 1UW.

Lost or stolen badges

If your badge has been lost or stolen, you must first report this to the police who will provide you with a crime reference number.

You should then email

  • an explanation of your situation
  • your crime reference number
  • the correct fee.

Change of name or address

If your name or address changes, please email with:

  • details of your name or address change
  • the fee
  • original photocard and licence summary.

We will then send a replacement badge to you.

Page last updated: 10 Oct 2022