Harefield Civic Amenity Site
Residents wishing to use this site require a HillingdonFirst card when visiting in a car. Residents wishing to visit the site in a van will need 2 forms of ID (a photo ID and a household bill dated within the last 3 months).
Residents will need to be with their own rubbish. Any van that arrives at the site without the correct ID or ID in another person's name may be refused entry.
During our busiest times, queues at this site can average around an hour and half. Avoid the long wait and visit on quieter days (Wednesdays and Thursdays).
In this section
- Accessing the site
- Cost of using the site
- Busy times
- Using the site safely
- Items accepted at this site
- Contact details and opening times
Remember: Black bags and garden waste can be put out as part of your normal weekly collection.
- This site is not accessible to pedestrians.
- All vehicles will only have access to the site via Harvil Road to assist with traffic congestion.
- Please do not turn right into New Years Green Lane from Harvil Road. Instead, join the back of the queue coming down from Harefield.
- Hillingdon residents with their HillingdonFirst card or driving licence and a household bill can use this site for free. As vehicles queue to use the site, members of our staff will check for proof of address.
- Non Hillingdon residents visiting in a car can use the site at a charge of £10 per visit. Please use the van/trade entrance and approach the weighbridge office.
- For non Hillingdon residents visiting in a van, full trade prices will be applied.
- Residents are advised to avoid lunch time periods, between 11am and midday, and the last half hour when queue times peak.
- The number of vehicles allowed on site will be restricted - subsequently, queuing times may be longer than normal; please be patient.
- Social distancing guidelines should be followed at all times.
- Only 2 people per vehicle will be allowed to leave their vehicle to restrict personal contact.
- Each car will be allocated the next available bay in the tipping area (regardless of the material and disposal bay the resident may need to use) to allow a faster flow of vehicles in and out of the site - this may mean that residents have to walk their materials to a bay not the closest to their car.
- Our staff will not be able to assist with any unloading from vehicles; they will be onsite to ensure waste is disposed of in the correct areas.
- Please do not leave waste on the floor next to disposal bays, as these can cause a trip hazard.
- Children (under the age of 16) and pets must remain in the car.
All domestic waste (except asbestos) is accepted at Harefield Civic Amenity Site:
- cardboard and paper
- car batteries and car engine oil
- electrical appliances, such as toasters, irons, washing machines and fridges
- fluorescent tubes and low energy light bulbs
- glass bottles and jars
- garden waste
- garden chemicals (with hazard symbols)
- hard plastics
- household batteries
- household paints
- metal food and drink cans
- rubble and stone
- scrap metal
- televisions and computer display screens
- textiles (clothes and shoes)
- vegetable oil
- wood, including furniture
Please note: We are currently unable to accept books, CDs and DVDs at this site. Please donate them to your local charity shop when it is open for trading. We will update this page when we are able to begin accepting these items again.
Monday 8am to 6pm
Tuesday 8am to 6pm
Wednesday 8am to 6pm
Thursday 8am to 6pm
Friday 8am to 6pm
Saturday 8am to 6pm
Sunday 8am to 6pm
Please do not arrive at the site earlier than 7.45am or later than 5.55pm, as entry will not be permitted during these times.
The weighbridge for trade waste closes at 5pm (please do not arrive after 4.55pm).