Harefield Civic Amenity Site
This site is open Monday to Sunday, 8am to 4pm (3.30pm for traders).
The last entry for residents is 3.55pm.
In this section
- Important things to note
- Accessing the site
- Cost of using the site
- Using the site safely
- Items accepted at this site
- Reuse centre on site
- Contact details and opening times
- Residents wishing to use this site require a HillingdonFirst card when visiting in a car.
- Residents wishing to visit the site in a van will need 2 forms of ID (a photo ID and a household bill dated within the last 3 months).
- Residents will need to be with their own rubbish. Any van that arrives at the site without the correct ID or with ID in another person's name may be refused entry.
- This site is not accessible to pedestrians.
- All vehicles will only have access to the site via Harvil Road to assist with traffic congestion.
- Please do not turn right into New Years Green Lane from Harvil Road. Instead, join the back of the queue coming down from Harefield.
- During our busiest times, queues at this site can average around an hour and half. Residents are advised to avoid lunch time periods (between 11am and midday) and the last half hour. Wednesdays and Thursdays tend to be quieter days.
- Hillingdon residents with their HillingdonFirst card or driving licence and a household bill can use this site for free. As vehicles queue to use the site, members of our staff will check for proof of address.
- Non Hillingdon residents visiting in a car can use the site at a charge of £10 per visit. Please use the van/trade entrance and approach the weighbridge office.
- For non Hillingdon residents visiting in a van, full trade prices will be applied.
Please note: Certain DIY items carry a charge when brought to the site in large quantities. Please check our DIY and building waste page for full details.
- Children (under the age of 16) and pets must remain in the car.
- Please do not leave waste on the floor next to disposal bays, as these can cause a trip hazard. If an item is heavy, please speak to a member of staff for assistance.
- Observe all safety signs.
- The speed limit is 5mph and must always be adhered to.
- No smoking (inclusive of e-cigarettes) anywhere on site, including inside vehicles.
- If you hear the fire alarm, turn off your engine, exit the vehicle and make your way to the nearest exit.
- If first aid is required, approach a member of staff, park your vehicle safely and remove the key.
We do not accept gas cylinders at this site. This includes fire extinguishers, beer barrels and oxygen tanks.
If gas canisters are thrown into the general rubbish, there is a high risk of causing a fire.
Calor gas cylinders can be taken back to a Calor gas supplier; some petrol stations may also accept them. For other gas canisters, we advise residents to contact Grundons.
We do accept the helium canisters, but these must be handed to a member of staff.
Black bags and garden waste can be put out as part of your normal weekly collection.
All domestic waste (except asbestos and gas cylinders) is accepted at Harefield Civic Amenity Site:
- cardboard and paper
- car batteries and car engine oil
- electrical appliances, such as toasters, irons, washing machines and fridges
- fluorescent tubes and low energy light bulbs
- glass bottles and jars
- garden waste
- garden chemicals (with hazard symbols)
- hard plastics
- household batteries
- household paints
- metal food and drink cans
- rubble and stone
- scrap metal
- televisions and computer display screens
- textiles (clothes and shoes)
- vegetable oil
- wood, including furniture
Donate unwanted items or pick up a bargain next time you visit Harefield Civic Amenity Site with our reuse centre, located to your right after you drive through the barriers.
Residents can bring good quality items to be upcycled or reused and also browse a large selection of quality, affordable household items to take home.
Everything from tables, chairs and storage boxes to toys, chest of drawers and cabinets can be donated. (The reuse centre cannot accept any textiles or electrical items, such as TVs or hair dryers, as we cannot test whether they work or are safe. )
While there are no prices on individual items, we encourage people to make a donation each time they take an item away. All proceeds will go to the Mayor's chosen charities.
Tuesday 8am to 4pm
Wednesday 8am to 4pm
Thursday 8am to 4pm
Friday 8am to 4pm
Saturday 8am to 4pm
Sunday 8am to 4pm
Closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day
- Please do not arrive at the site earlier than 7.45am or during the last 5 minutes of opening hours, as entry will not be permitted during these times.
- The weighbridge closes at 3.30pm each day.
- If you are paying to dispose of your waste, please ensure you arrive at the site at least 10 minutes before the weighbridge closes.