Ways to recycle your textiles
Whether your clothes are good, bad or simply a bit dated, there are a number of ways you can give them a new lease of life!
Our textile collection service
Together with the charity Traid, we run a free home clothing collection scheme, where you can donate unwanted clothes, shoes and accessories. Even if your textiles are not in a reusable condition, you can donate them via this service. Please note: Duvets and pillows are not accepted.
This service is open to all Hillingdon households, including flats, and allows you to book a collection of textiles on a day that suits you (regardless of when your normal collection day is).
A collection is for a minimum of 1 large bag or 3 small bags of any textiles but residents can donate more in one collection slot if they would like to.
As part of a textile collection, you can also donate unwanted small/medium-sized electricals.
All profits raised from the scheme go towards Traid's projects, which aim to improve conditions and working practices in the textile industry and educate people of all ages about the impacts of textiles on the environment and people's lives, and how we can make more sustainable choices.
Important things to note
- Shoes, clothing and accessories should be clean and dry.
- Any shoes you donate should be tied in pairs.
- Small/medium electricals can only be donated alongside textiles (and not on their own).
- All items should be placed together in a carrier bag or bin bag.
- A collector in a branded Traid van will collect donations from you, so you don't have to leave items outside.
Book a free textile collection