We collect general rubbish every week from more than 100,000 households in the borough.
Bulky waste collections
Information on booking a bulky waste, plus free alternatives if your items are still usable, safe and in a good condition.
Are your unwanted items still useable?
Instead of disposing of unwanted items that still have life in them, why not donate them to a charity, such as Trinity, or give them away. Not only will you help reduce waste, your unwanted items will go to a good cause and it's free.
Free Trinity collections
If you have unwanted good quality household items and/or electrical items that are still safe and in a usable condition, you can donate them to Trinity Homeless Projects - a local charity that collects items for free.
Sell or give away unwanted items
Buying a new household product?
If you are buying a new household product, such as a washing machine, check first with the company you are buying from, as many will collect your old one for free and at the same time as delivering your new item.
Our bulky waste collection service
Dispose of unused or unwanted household items that are too large or too heavy for our normal waste collection, using our bulky waste collection service or donate to a charity or community group.
Large waste items can be collected from outside your property for a small charge of £30 for residents and £55 for landlords (per collection) using our bulky waste service. Residents can book up to 1 collection slot per day.
Residents aged over 65 and those in receipt of personal independence payments or means-tested benefits can book 1 free collection every 3 months. Means tested benefits include income support, housing benefit, council tax benefits, pension credit, tax credit and working tax credit, universal credit and income-related job seeker's allowance.
Please note: When booking this service, you must provide your national insurance number as evidence of proof of benefits. We reserve the right to invoice the cost of a collection to anyone booking a free collection if they are not eligible or book more than 1 collection every 3 months.
1 collection can consist of either:
- a fridge or freezer (with no other items added) or
- up to 6 items, which can include mattresses and wardrobes (but not fridges or freezers) - in place of 1 bulky item, we can accept 3 black bags of unwanted smaller items, such as broken toys.
- Any hazardous materials
- Building/DIY waste, including all bathroom furniture, kitchen cupboards and sinks, fireplaces, radiators and skirting boards
- Car parts
- Clinical waste
- Commercial fridges and freezers
- Doors (internal and external)
- Duvets and pillows - these can be placed in a black sack and put out with your weekly rubbish
- Fluorescent tubes
- Garden waste
- Gas canisters
- Oil drums
- Sun beds
If you have any bulky items that we cannot accept, why not try LoveJunk? It's an online marketplace that matches you to nearby licensed and insured waste carriers who collect bulky waste, furniture and appliances.
We will make collections Monday to Friday, starting at 6am. Please ensure all your items are ready for collection before this time.
If you fail to place your items outside on the day of collection, and you are:
- paying for the service, you will still pay the £30 fee and need to book and pay again for items to be collected
- using the free service, you will have to wait another 3 months before rebooking.
Please note: To use this service, you will need to log in to My Account. If you do not have a My Account, select the 'Register' link on the next page and complete the short online form.
Instructions for a bulky waste collection
- the items you place outside your home are no longer than 5 feet (with the exception of mattresses and fridges) and can be safely picked up by 2 waste collectors
- items, such as a wardrobe, that need to be broken down, are grouped and tied into bundles
- mattresses and carpets are kept as dry as possible, as they become very heavy when wet
- carpets are rolled and measure less than 5 feet long
- all items are placed outside the front of your property (as close to the road as possible) before 6am on your booked collection day and are easily accessible and visible.
Cancelling a bulky waste collection
If you need to cancel or change your collection day, you must let us know at least 24 hours before your booked collection day by logging into My Account.
Important: If you need to cancel a paid-for collection but do not let us know at least 24 hours before the collection day, a refund will not be given.