Council tenant services

Landlord permissions

Secure tenants can carry out improvements to their home with the permission of their landlord.

In addition to landlord's consent to the improvement you may also require planning permission and/or building regulations approval. It is your responsibility to establish if you need any other consents and to obtain them if you do.

Probationary tenants do not have the right to make improvements.


You must ensure the garden is kept reasonably tidy by cutting the lawn, trimming the hedges and bushes, and keeping it free of rubbish and weeds.

You can call your tenancy management service to request garden mainenance on 01895 556666.

Request improvements

Page last updated: 16 Mar 2023