Better Care Fund
Making health and care better for our residents.
The NHS provides healthcare in England. It is paid for from your taxes and is generally free as people need it.
Social care, such as home care or care home places, is provided by local councils and is means tested, which means some people may need to make a contribution towards their care.
What is the Better Care Fund (BCF)?
The BCF is a national scheme that encourages health and social care services to work together more closely to support the health and wellbeing of residents.
In Hillingdon, we have a good track record of health care and social care services working together and, under the BCF, we are working with the NHS to find even more ways to improve the way we work together.
Our priorities in Hillingdon are to:
- enable people to live as independently as possible
- provide better services in local communities
- help prevent admissions to hospital
- get people home quicker when they've been in hospital
Our 2023/25 BCF plan
The BCF plan is intended to support:
- Older people
- People with learning disabilities
- People with mental health needs
- Autistic people
- Unpaid carers of all ages